I’ve managed, once again, to impress myself with my culinary prowess. And, in a completely altruistic (and modest, don’t forget modest – heh) gesture, I think it’s only fair that I share the outcome of my most recent dinner-time endeavors.
I give you Magical Mushrooms!
Yes, a giant photo WAS necessary… look how pretty they are!
And here’s how you make ’em!
- 4 Baby portabella mushrooms (340 grams)
- 1/2 C Orange & red peppers, diced
- 1 Green onion, chopped
- 2 C Fresh baby spinach
- Approx. 8 grape tomatoes, sliced in thirds
- 2 tbsp. Kraft 100% Parmesan
- 1/3 C (30 grams) Compliments Balance-brand shredded mozzarella
- Olive Oil Pam cooking spray
- Clubhouse Garlic Plus
- With a spoon, scrape out the stems and gills from the mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 450°
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat
- Add the green onion and peppers (and a dash of the Clubhouse), and saute for a minute or two
- Add the cleaned spinach and cook until wilted/tender (about 3-4 minutes)
- Spray the bottom of each mushroom with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet pan
- Place in the oven for 1-2 minutes just to heat the mushrooms
- Season the inside of each mushroom with the Clubhouse seasoning
- Divide the vegetable mixture between the mushrooms, then top with tomato and cheese
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes (or until cheese is melty and bubbly and starting to turn brown)
Calories: 275 | Fat: 10g | Sodium: 464mg | Carbs: 30g | Fibre: 9g | Protein: 24g