I’ve been MIA for far too long and it’s high time for a bit of an update. So what’s new, you ask? And I’m sure you were. Asking, that is.
Well, honestly, pretty much the same ol’, same ol’… I’ve just been failing a wee bit with my time management skills. In fact, as I type, I’m still snuggled cozily in my fuzzy robe with a coffee to my left and a fat, sleeping kitteh to my right.
But what I should be doing is getting off my arse, lacing on my sneakers and heading out for my 15k training run. I know, I know – why procrastinate this far along in the game? I’m not. Not really. I just need to be well and truly awake before I head out to abuse my body for that length of time. I’m almost there. One more cup of coffee and a bit of peanut butter and carby goodness and I should be good to go.
In the meantime, let me share with you my latest creation:
Oatmeal Apple Blueberry Muffins
1 cup old fashion rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar Splenda
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 egg whites (1/4 cup liquid egg whites)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Soak the oats in milk for about an hour
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray (I like Butter-flavoured Pam)
- Combine the oat mixture with applesauce and egg whites & mix until just combined
- In a separate bowl measure and whisk the dry ingredients together
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined
- Fold in blueberries.
(NOTE: You reallly do have to be careful that you don’t over-mix this batter or your muffins will end up the consistency of tiny tennis balls )
- Spoon muffin mixture into muffin pan
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from pan, cool and enjoy!
Okay! My artfully-honed procrastination skills are now sated for today. I’m off to run. Enjoy your Sunday!